Indrek Saar has been the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Estonia since 9 April 2015. He is a member of the Social Democratic Party.
- In 2007–2015, Indrek Saar was a member of the XI and XII Riigikogu.
- In 2006–2007, he was the Executive Director of Theatre NO99/Vanalinnastuudio (Old Town Studio). Prior to this (in 2004–2005), he acted as adviser to the director of the theatre.
- In 2002–2007, he was the Deputy Chairman of Rakvere City Council.
- Saar has also worked as the Director of Rakvere Theatre in 1996–2005, and as the Manager of the Rakvere Theatre House Foundation in 2005–2006.
- Born in Kuressaare on 20 February 1973, Indrek Saar graduated from Kuressaare Secondary School No. 2, and from the Higher Theatre School of the Estonian Academy of Music in acting.